Friday, March 13, 2009

Cigar Tasting at Blue Smoke

Last night Joe K and I enjoyed a cigar tasting event at the Blue Smoke Cigar Bar in Clearwater, hosted by Rocky Patel. We were invited by Tobacco Hut customer and Blue Smoke staff member, Scott R, who was kept quite busy by the crowd at the tasting.

Joe purchased the remaining ITC’s, which the rep said were the most full-bodied cigar in the Rocky Patel line. Even though I enjoy a full-flavored pipe tobacco, I prefer a milder smoke when I light up a cigar. The rep recommended the Autumn line and he didn’t steer me wrong. It had a nice flavor and wasn’t harsh at all.

Joe liked the ITC…at first. He said it got a little dry toward the end and the taste and smoking characteristics were not as pleasant as when he first lit it. Being a full-bodied cigar, I’ll just have to take his word for it. I’ll stick with my full-flavored pipe tobacco like Dunhill Nightcap – if I can find it.

All in all, an enjoyable evening, sitting around in the big comfy leather furniture and doing some people-watching.

A shout-out to Scott for the invitation – thanks buddy!

Cheers!
- Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment