Friday, December 26, 2008

Santa Came Through



Yesterday I opened not one, but two, little packages under the tree that each contained that most wonderful gift, a new pipe. The first I knew about, since I had in fact picked it out myself. It's a Ben Wade Town & Country, slightly bent, smooth, with what appears to be a mother of pearl band. To my wife, all pipes look the same and this one was no different. Of course, to a pipe smoker, there are a myriad of differences between this pipe and all others in my collection.

My wife however, surprised me with a beautiful Cavicchi rusticated volcano (pictured). Wow, this is a thing of beauty! It has a large chamber and fits in my hand perfectly. I can't wait to fill it with a bowlful of Frog Morton (also courtesy of my wife) and fire it up. Available exclusively at The Briary, I've had my eye on a Cavicchi for a long time and from the reviews I've read thought they were a great value. No connection to The Briary, just a satisfied customer.

One thing I won't be doing as soon as I had thought and that is adding a nice banner to this blog. My hard drive crashed, taking Photoshop with it. The hard drive has since been replaced but I haven't had time to add the Adobe suite. The photo of the Cavicchi was processed via iPhoto, not my favorite photo editing program, but it will do.

Cheers!
- Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment